Bushwise, the leading FGASA accredited Field Guide trainer seeks highly organized, enthusiastic and fun individuals with a passion for outdoor education. You need to be super organized, happy to work by yourself but a friendly team player to take on the challenge of helping out with our international marketing efforts.
Bushwise specializes in training, running two types of courses tailored for the African Safari lodge industry, our highly acclaimed professional field guide courses and also hospitality internships. Over the years Bushwise has built it’s excellent reputation in the safari industry by training high achieving field guides, both practically and academically and supplying professional interns to assist in the running of the lodges.
Bushwise ensures students and interns meet and exceed the standards required in the safari industry in Southern Africa.
Training and selection is maintained at a top level, through which we endeavor to produce high quality, competent guides and source professional lodge hospitality interns, by offering training in guiding, bush knowledge and bush skills.
Application Process :
Sadly due to the large volume of applicants we normally get for our internships we cannot respond to those who don’t quite fit what we are looking for. If we don’t get back in contact, good luck and keep trying!
- Sales: Providing cover to our sales. Answering the phone, emailing potential new clients
- Customer Acquisition: Email Campaigns, Developing content, PR, Social Media, Adwords, Link building, Channel Mkt, Partnerships with Higher Education Institutions and everything else.
- Writing creative social copy
- Monitoring and engaging on various social media platforms
- Organizing monthly reports
While sales and marketing experience is preferred, what we look for more than anything is flexibility (it’s a very entrepreneurial environment after all), self-motivation (no lazy people please) and risk takers (bring us out-there ideas). Show us you are a self-starter and have worked on successful projects before (they don’t necessarily have to be work projects).
While we have a laid back working environment, we do take our work very seriously.
- Marketing experience (current student or recent graduate will suffice)
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Highly-adaptive writing and communication skills
- Excellent Phone manner
- Incredibly self motivated
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Google webmaster / analytics
- HTML Knowledge / WordPress
Bushwise operations are situated in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, approximately 500km north east of Johannesburg and just 1 hour’s drive from the western gates of Kruger National Park. Our Sales and Marketing Intern will be based in Cape Town.
We’re a casual-dress, fun organization with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future. We have a great set up out of headquarters in Cape Town. We’re also a pretty sociable bunch, so prepare for a warm welcome!
This Internship will provide you will training and development and has potential to lead to future career progression.