Monday, 25 May 2015
bidorbuy.co.za, South Africa’s largest online marketplace, is offering internship positions to graduates with enthusiasm and confidence to fill the role of Category Administrator.
We aiming to provide interns with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, thus becoming more employable for prospective future employers.
Training will be provided, as well as support and mentoring as needed throughout the year.
Location: The position is based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
Duration: 12 months.
You will be responsible for driving the business within a particular category group on bidorbuy.co.za, as if it were your own online marketplace.
- Conception and execution of a business plan for those categories.
- Growing the base of buyers and sellers for those categories.
- Expanding the content related to those categories.
- Managing online and offline marketing for those categories.
Skills and Experience
- A completed tertiary qualification in Commerce, with Marketing or Business Management (an Honours degree would be an advantage), or a PDM degree.
- Proven, strong written and oral communication skills – will be demonstrated with both customers and senior executives.
- Results focused, with the ability to set deadlines and deliver timeously on them.
- A high degree of self motivation and initiative.
- Lateral and creative thinking.
- Ability to build solid professional relationships with all stakeholders, including prospective buyers and sellers, partners, colleagues and suppliers.
- Have a keen interest in the Internet, Marketing and Business.
- Have a passion for a particular category or group of categories on bidorbuy. (For example, photography, jewellery, or computers)
- Energetic, and flexible personality.
- Be prepared to network, wherever possible, with various interest groups insofar as attending social / club meetings in the areas of the categories you’ll be responsible for, understanding that such meetings could take place after hours.
- Your role will require you to do a degree of travel.
- Own reliable transport is required
Closing date for applications 20 June 2015